Subject: Re: ipf's future
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Kevin Sindhu <kevin@tgivan.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/29/2001 10:15:12
Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 12:49:27AM -0400, Bob Bernstein wrote:
> >
> > As for feeling sorry for Darren Reed, I do feel sorry for him, not
> > because he is Theo's victim (which is adolescent nonsense: "Look what
> > he made me do."), but because he puts his foot in his mouth every time
> > he opens it in public. If he cares one wit for the goals that propel
> > NetBSD, he has managed to conceal that from public view.
>
> That's just utter crap.  As far as I can tell, Darren has been extremely
> restrained and sensible while confronted with the usual blizzard of insult,
> fear, uncertainty, and doubt (not to mention character assasination)
> pointed his way by Theo when he refused to do exactly what Theo wanted.

Sorry to butt in. I usually prefer to stay out of such mail/flame
wars. But I must point out that Darren has changed *back* his license
for IPF for modification to source/binary yesterday. Is it because he
felt threatened by pf, or did he realize his mistake?

> It seems that you've failed to notice that you are largely alone here in
> having fallen for Theo's usual line of goods.  See, the way the world seems
> to work over there, Theo's Right and everyone else is Wrong -- the facts be
> damned.  If you want to live in Wonderland, you know where to find it;
> however, in *this* project, we do make an effort to play a bit less often
> the part of Alice.

Please do not make acquisitions like these before knowing the real
issue. The reason it was taken of src in OpenBSD was because *at that
point* it did not meet OpenBSD's goals of free software. It had
nothing to do with Theo's stubbornness or Darren's stupidity

-Kevin