Subject: Re: ipf's future
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/29/2001 11:03:16
On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 12:49:27AM -0400, Bob Bernstein wrote:

> As for feeling sorry for Darren Reed, I do feel sorry for him, not
> because he is Theo's victim (which is adolescent nonsense: "Look what
> he made me do."), but because he puts his foot in his mouth every time
> he opens it in public. If he cares one wit for the goals that propel
> NetBSD, he has managed to conceal that from public view.

That's just utter crap.  As far as I can tell, Darren has been extremely
restrained and sensible while confronted with the usual blizzard of insult,
fear, uncertainty, and doubt (not to mention character assasination)
pointed his way by Theo when he refused to do exactly what Theo wanted.

In the instance that started all of this absurd flamage, what Theo wanted
was for Darren to change the license used on a *private, non-release, beta*
version of ipf so that OpenBSD could integrate it instantly.  Note that that
license was *not* the same one used on released versions of ipf.

It seems that you've failed to notice that you are largely alone here in
having fallen for Theo's usual line of goods.  See, the way the world seems
to work over there, Theo's Right and everyone else is Wrong -- the facts be
damned.  If you want to live in Wonderland, you know where to find it;
however, in *this* project, we do make an effort to play a bit less often
the part of Alice.