Subject: Re: Why root and usr in separate partitions?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@arkham.ws>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/29/2001 10:50:02
On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 04:45:32PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> Now, this is important only for "critical" machines. On dataless, client
> machines I have only one big partition.

you forgot the most important reason!!

TRADITION!!!!

it's the way my pappy did it, so it's the way i'm gonna do it!!!

seriously though, i've been setting up disks like this for so long now that it
is absolutely inscribed in my way of operating.  if i setup a new machine, i
can't help but to split the partitions, no matter what the machine is going
to be used for.

i'm hopeless!!!

cheers,

-brian (in one of those half-awake-so-i-think-i'm-funny moods)