Subject: Re: Why root and usr in separate partitions?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/29/2001 10:14:12
Backing up and protection come to mind as well.  The /usr directory can
most likely be mounted as read-only in most instances.  Once the system is
stable, switch /usr to read-only and make a backup of it.  You'll only need
another backup of it if you ever switch it out of read-only.  Not that I've
done this yet but it's on my list of things to do.....