Subject: Re: ipf's future
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: None <emre@vsrc.uab.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/28/2001 22:43:06
As sad as it is, I really have to agree with Thor.  He is absolutely right.

When I read misc@openbsd.org the other day, I was surprised by the number
of developers putting down [openbsd]users who were questioning pf's
stability and such; they were basicly telling them "we don't care what you
think, in 2 months this is going to be the best packet filter in the open
source world, now shut up and go away, we dont need your advice" and using
openssh as an example.  That really is trolling!  And I also find it very
unfair towards darren, who has spent so much time on IPF, trying to make it
compile on all these platforms, without breaking the code.  I'm glad that
NetBSD is staying with IPF, it's stable and it works.

Another thing, why should NetBSD contribute/endorse to this project?  What
makes you think that the OpenBSD'ers would even let such a thing happen?
The way I see it, the developers don't want user input, so why would they
want input from another BSD project...Why contribute to a project that
isn't thankful at all, and returns advice with flames?

Anyway, just my $0.02, I'm staying with NetBSD on this :-)