Subject: Re: ipf's future
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Bernstein <torxhead@ruptured-duck.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/28/2001 22:10:00
On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 09:28:20PM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> I think we've rehashed this issue more than enough.  Whining that
> you didn't see an answer that satisfied *you* doesn't really count
> as a worthwhile use of everyone's bandwidth.

To the contrary, I have seen no answer at all! The silence is
deafening.

> You will note that NetBSD does *not* distribute such a version of
> ipf, because we are polite and take the trouble to coordinate with
> ipf's author.

You may accept whatever edition of Darren Reed's "This Is What I Think
My License Means Today" saga that suits your predilections, but there
are good, substantive questions still outstanding, and the vigor of
your emotional life cannot gainsay that fact.

--
Bob Bernstein