Subject: Re: ipf's future
To: None <>
From: Bob Bernstein <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/28/2001 22:10:00
On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 09:28:20PM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> I think we've rehashed this issue more than enough.  Whining that
> you didn't see an answer that satisfied *you* doesn't really count
> as a worthwhile use of everyone's bandwidth.

To the contrary, I have seen no answer at all! The silence is

> You will note that NetBSD does *not* distribute such a version of
> ipf, because we are polite and take the trouble to coordinate with
> ipf's author.

You may accept whatever edition of Darren Reed's "This Is What I Think
My License Means Today" saga that suits your predilections, but there
are good, substantive questions still outstanding, and the vigor of
your emotional life cannot gainsay that fact.

Bob Bernstein