Subject: Help with YP
To: None <>
From: maximum entropy <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/28/2001 17:50:29

I am running a YP master server on zippy and a YP slave server on
tardis.  Both are running NetBSD-current from about 1 month ago.

Everything seems to be working OK for other NetBSD client systems.

I'm trying to add a Solaris 7 client, and I can't figure out how to
add the shadow map.  I added "shadow" to the "all" lines in the yp
Makefiles on zippy, and did a "make" in /var/yp, which built the
shadow.byname.db file.  But it complains:

yppush: error finding master for shadow.byname in grok: No such map in
server's domain

The slave server doesn't get the new map, and "ypcat shadow" doesn't
work.  What do I need to do to add this map to the maps that the yp
servers know about?

I'm not subscribed to this list, so please include my address in