Subject: Re: DEC vt320 terminal problem
To: NetBSD User's Discussion List <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Shannon <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/25/2001 21:13:10
On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 02:54:15PM -0500, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> Sounds like your serial port isn't handling the XOFF characters. Did
> you try using a custom gettytab entry to set the port for software
> handshaking? Works for me. Here it is again...
>
> vt.9600|vt420-9600:\
>         :sp#9600:i0#2f02:i1#2f02:

I've got the same thing, but at 19200.  No joy.

Even with the toggling of tty settings, it seems this terminal should be
OK, but obviously isn't.  I see how it can be bad, but after all these
years you would thing things like this had been worked out.

The easiest solution might be a trip to the local DRMO to find another
terminal; a faster one.  That's where I got this vt320 years ago.

--
______________________/ armchairrocketscientistgraffitiexenstentialist