Subject: Re: DEC vt320 terminal problem
To: NetBSD User's Discussion List <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/23/2001 16:23:27
[ On Saturday, June 23, 2001 at 14:54:15 (-0500), Frederick Bruckman wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: DEC vt320 terminal problem
>
> Sounds like your serial port isn't handling the XOFF characters. Did
> you try using a custom gettytab entry to set the port for software
> handshaking? Works for me. Here it is again...

There's nothing wrong with the serial port under normal conditions.  It
handles XOFF just fine once you're logged in and so long as you only do
"normal" things and don't cause the shell to flip modes at the same
time.

I.e. "cat some_large_text_file_with_short_lines" doesn't lose any chars
even if you set the flow control buffer trigger mark back down to 64
bytes, and of course if you type <CTRL-S> while the output is scrolling
then the right thing happens.

Same with the sparc serial console too, BTW, though at the moment I
can't seem to get telnet to send the XOFF through to the terminal server
that the sparc's console is now connected to....

--
							Greg A. Woods