Subject: two internet connections
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <Tom@Wanka.at>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/17/2001 05:23:39
Hi,

I am looking for hints and suggestions to following situation:

A customer has two permanent internet connections, the first is a
cable modem with one fixed IP, a server attached to it with a
second network card to do nat for one workstation. The second is a
2MBit SDSL line with 16 IPs and about 5 servers on it.

I wanted to have an internal connection to all these machines, so I
thought the best way is to hook the second interface of the single
server and the workstation and the 5 servers and the SDSL router
to the same switch and give the 5 servers a second IP from the
reserved range in the same subnet as the workstation and the
second interface of the single server. That way they could internally
reach each other without having to loosen the IP filter rules on the
single server and the SDSL router.

Anything I missed or should be aware of?

Tia

mike