Subject: Re: FTP Concurrent connections
To: Patrick Lessard <plessard@cgocable.ca>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/14/2001 13:06:41
On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 05:27:28PM -0400, Patrick Lessard wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I would like to limit 1 ftp connection per ip address using the same
> account.
>
> How can I do this??
>
> I'm running 1.5

(I assume you mean for incoming ftp connections to the NetBSD ftpd daemon)

There's no easy support for this in NetBSD's ftpd for this specific
behaviour (any given user `foo' is only allowed one connection per
IP address `a.b.c.d'), unless you wanted to create ftpusers(5) and
ftpd.conf(5) entries for every user and address combination (which
would not be pretty, would be slow, and I don't recommend this).

Have a read of ftpusers(5) about defining a class, and ftpd.conf(5)
about using a class, and /usr/share/examples/ftpd/* for example config
files.

Luke.