Subject: Re: ctrl+alt+del
To: Takahiro Kambe <taca@sky.yamashina.kyoto.jp>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/14/2001 03:28:19
> 2. Doing "ctrl+alt+del" person don't know DDB commands, and also don't
>    understand extra help messages of DDB.

Just to make it clear (again): there are different needs expressed in
this thread.

They range from "Ctrl+Alt+Del should invoke DDB" via "Ctrl+Alt+Del needs to
force a gratious sync, unmount and reboot without relying on any userland
processes" to my position: I want "Ctrl+Alt+Del" to invoke a X base prompter,
if I'm in X, asking the user if he wants to reboot, shutdown, logout or abort.

They all should be optional, configurable and not bound to Ctrl+Alt+Del.

There is not gonna be a consensus about "the right way" here. Don't try to
reach one, it's impossible. Options are the way to go, and I not even care
about the default.

Martin