Subject: Re: wsmouse programming
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
From: Julio Merino <juli@merino.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/13/2001 18:06:20
On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 10:37:07AM -0400, Nathan J. Williams wrote:

> Julio Merino <juli@merino.net> writes:
>
> > BTW, does wsmouse support serial mice in i386? I don't see this in
> > the man page :p
>
> Nope, it doesn't. The infrastructure is there (the WSMUX_INJECTEVENT
> ioctl), but nobody's bothered to write the daemon that reads from the
> serial port and injects mouse events into the wsmouse stream.

Oh :p
A daemon? Should that be done in user space? And what does it have to
do? Get serial port data and pass to the wsmouse? When I get more
used to NetBSD and that... I would try to write this :)

BTW... can I use the serial port device directly (/dev/tty00 ?) and
interpret the microsoft mouse events?

Thanks