Subject: Re: ctrl+alt+del
To: Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org>
From: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/12/2001 11:54:39
Gavan Fantom writes:

>I think the only person who loses is the one pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del to log
>on at an xdm screen only to find that the computer stops responding as the
>reboot question is printed to the console and so doesn't appear because X
>is running.

Hmm, on the systems that have this obviously highly questionable feature
(Gnu/Linux, FreeBSD, a few others also as I understand), pressing the
key combination under X11 doesn't seem to have any effect, on these
systems you have to switch to a virtual tty (~ console) to be able to
reboot the machine that way (which makes sense, given the situation you
describe.)

--mkb