Subject: Re: voice and audio chat (using NetMeeting) via IRC
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Oleg Polianski <Oleg.Polianski@clear.co.nz>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/12/2001 12:16:21
"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net> writes:

> I heard that voice and audio can be done via IRC using the NetMeeting
> client.
>
> Can anyone share any examples or experiences with this?
>
> What IRC daemon software is needed to support audio and/or video chat?

 There's easier way to do something very similar. You can use festival plugin
 with `irssi'    client    (one  of  those  pre-text    only    versions like
 0.7.23-0.7.28). Dunno about other clients, hope it's easy to write a similar
 plugin for them too. Yes, this is not what you're looking for but it doesn't
 require any server side support.

Take care,
Oleg