Subject: Re: Time
To: None <>
From: Georges Heinesch <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/11/2001 07:03:45
Quoting Bernd Sieker (08-Jun-01 13:10:37):

> On 08.06.01, 13:50:00, Julio Merino wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> my BIOS clock is set to my local time (because I need to use
>> windoze some times). How do I setup NetBSD to get the time
>> properly? It's getting now that time like UTC and then, it adds my
>> location offset...

> There's a kernel option to specify an offset between the computer's
> real time clock and the actual time in UTC:

> e. g. for CET:

> options         RTC_OFFSET=-60   # hardware clock is this many mins.
> west of GMT

AFAIU from options(4), I need to compile 2 kernels, one for CET and
one for CET daylight saving (CEST), since NetBSD can't compensate for
this (all the above is assuming that the clock is set to local time

Can you confirm this?

Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg
    PGP RSA & DH/DSS public key on request and on public servers

... niammi niammi in my Tammi ...