Subject: Re: ctrl+alt+del
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/10/2001 06:24:39
Herb Peyerl writes:

>You can always reboot from ddb too. So you have to type 'reboot', no
>big deal.

Except that the typical kind of dumbass, who happens to always be the
only one near the machine requiring a reboot, never heard of a kernel
debugger and only knows the magic keystrokes from dos/windoze/lignux/
freebsd, or, in case that fails, hits the power switch, which will
result in a lengthy, and not always successful fsck on boot.

I in fact don't see any reason why there shouldn't be a keyboard
shortcut like this to reboot from PC keyboard console, in fact up
to this discussion, I wasn't even aware that NetBSD actually _didn't_
sync+reboot on ctrl+alt+del.  Like it or not, I figure it's kinda
the expected standard on PCish hardware.

--mkb