Subject: Re: shutdown over ssh
To: Martin Ammermueller <>
From: Kevin P. Neal <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/08/2001 21:46:22
On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 06:23:37PM +0200, Martin Ammermueller wrote:
> All shells I used before never returned to the controlling tty after the
> shutdown command. I also think that it's useless that someone can execute
> commands like cp and mv after the OS synced the disks.

Nobody can execute any command after the OS syncs the disks.
"A method for inducing cats to exercise consists of directing a beam of
invisible light produced by a hand-held laser apparatus onto the floor ...
in the vicinity of the cat, then moving the laser ... in an irregular way
fascinating to cats,..." -- US patent 5443036, "Method of exercising a cat"