Subject: Re: help me....
To: Andrew Ambrose <aambrose@ennovatenetworks.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/06/2001 13:24:56
On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Andrew Ambrose wrote:

> I am having mail problem.  I am not able to send mail on my netbsd box. when
> I type cat message | mail -s "test" andrew@domain.com  there is no error

I assume that this "domain.com" is the same as the domain below.

Look at your mail logs (maybe /var/log/maillog or /var/log/exim/*log) for
further details.

> when I hit enter but when I look at the sendmail -bp to see the mail queue
> this is what I see..
>
> what is the reason...any clue or help please...
>
> JAA18846        7 Tue May 29 09:15 campbell
>                  (Deferred: Connection refused by ennovatenetworks.com.)
>                                    campbell@ennovatenetworks.com

Notice that is says "Connection refused". Why is it refused?

That host in the mail exchanger for that domain name. Can you connect to
it manually (with "telnet ennovatenetworks.com 25")?

I believe your log files may tell you what you want to know.

If you need further help, provide more details. Troubleshooting mail
problems is fun :)

(Also, you may want to consider using a subject line that is descriptive
of the topic of your message.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/