Subject: Re: Compiling kernel
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Julio Merino <juli@merino.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/06/2001 15:43:01
On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 08:21:02AM -0500, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Julio Merino wrote:
>
> > Well, the src/sys directory has been downloaded completly I guess, so I'm
> > trying to compile my own kernel (GENERIC is ugly ;). I've written my
> > config file in i386, ran config, and make depend, all of them without
> > any error. But when starting to make the kernel itself, I get at some point
> > where it fails to compile something, because a bad dependency with coda.
>
> It should build without coda. You're running current? Something could
> have broken recently. I suggest you start with only minor mods to one
> of the examples, like "HOMEWORLD", so that it'll be easy for others to
> reproduce, and if it still doesn't work, post the detailed error to
> current-users.

What's the meaning of current? It's the same like in FreeBSD, that is, the
next stable version (i.e. 1.6) ? I think I've downloaded sources of 1.5...
I've followed the steps on NetBSD - a short guide, to download the code
trought cvs, and I specify to cvs to use 1-5 or something like this...

Thanks.