Subject: Re: Compiling kernel
To: Julio Merino <juli@merino.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/06/2001 08:21:02
On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Julio Merino wrote:

> I've been trying to download source files with cvs; sup worked too slow.
> The checkout has got stalled at the end of the download, maybe at usr.sbin.
> I can't continue the download with another checkout... it gets stalled,
> any idea?

After usr.sbin, it's basicly done downloading. "cvs" runs a couple
more passes to delete empty directories and update status on the
server (because "anoncvs" is still "cvs"). Just run the job in the
background, and be patient.

> Well, the src/sys directory has been downloaded completly I guess, so I'm
> trying to compile my own kernel (GENERIC is ugly ;). I've written my
> config file in i386, ran config, and make depend, all of them without
> any error. But when starting to make the kernel itself, I get at some point
> where it fails to compile something, because a bad dependency with coda.

It should build without coda. You're running current? Something could
have broken recently. I suggest you start with only minor mods to one
of the examples, like "HOMEWORLD", so that it'll be easy for others to
reproduce, and if it still doesn't work, post the detailed error to
current-users.

Frederick