Subject: Compiling kernel
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <juli@merino.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/06/2001 14:56:38
Hi all

I've been trying to download source files with cvs; sup worked too slow.
The checkout has got stalled at the end of the download, maybe at usr.sbin.
I can't continue the download with another checkout... it gets stalled,
any idea?

Well, the src/sys directory has been downloaded completly I guess, so I'm
trying to compile my own kernel (GENERIC is ugly ;). I've written my
config file in i386, ran config, and make depend, all of them without
any error. But when starting to make the kernel itself, I get at some point
where it fails to compile something, because a bad dependency with coda.
I can't understand it because I've removed everything in the configuration
file about coda (and some other things like scsi or pcmcia).

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.