Subject: crashes :(
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Gwilym Evans <meatgroup@iprimus.com.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/05/2001 11:42:33
I've been using NetBSD as a gateway for a few months now and I've rarely had
it crash. Last night it did, 3 times. As far as I can tell it wasn't really
doing anything at the time, but I'm not sure how to go about debugging it
either.

The error was as follows:

kernel: page fault trap, code=0
Stopped at  callout_reset+0x86:  movel  %ebx,  0(%eax)

The first crash produced no error, it just stopped, dead, after about 12
days up. The 2nd two showed the above on the local terminal.

I doubt I can get a definate answer about what it is straight away, so I'm
asking how can I debug this further? What info should I try and get next
time so someone may be able to help me further?

Thanks,
Gwilym.