Subject: Re: NetBSD is not Linux
To: None <wojtek@wojtek.3miasto.net>
From: Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/04/2001 10:44:32
On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 03:20:54PM +0200, wojtek@wojtek.3miasto.net wrote:
> > On 2 Jun 2001, at 16:06, wojtek@wojtek.3miasto.net wrote:
> > > new kernels developing (2.4.*) are much sponsored by redhat.
> > > effects - easy to see (kernel bloat and bugs)
> >
> > the xfree project is much sponsored by SuSE, and Linuxcare is
> > sponsoring many projects. I do not have a problem with that.
> i do. xfree 4 consumes MUCH MORE memory than 3.3.6

As far as I know, X4 shows up as a larger process because it maps your
graphics card's memory and the AGP aperature if that's what you have.

On my system, X is showing up at 209MB, with 33MB resident. The resident
size is about about same as X3, which evidently didn't map my graphics
card in the same way.

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com