Subject: Re: NetBSD is not Linux
To: Jack Morgan <jack@tlug.gr.jp>
From: None <wojtek@wojtek.3miasto.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/04/2001 15:03:34
> > I am new to NetBSD ...
>
> I'm new to NetBSD as well. I installed it on a SS20 a while back. I have
> to say, I really like it. I like having to do configuration myself. To often
very good.
> in Linux, the distro will configure things for you. I also found the ex-
it's not bad to configure things for user. it's bad that there is no
standard of configuration files in linux. and it's bad commercial linux
vendors tend to hide real configuration method with their "easy to
use" things - making user completely lost.

this way more and more users need to pay for "technical support" offered
by them.

> perience level of people on the mailing list to be better. Sorry, but I
> can't stand csh. The fist thing I did was install bash :-)
try ksh with few options. i were using bash and now ksh.

> I feel Linux is being more actively developed then NetBSD in terms of people
with lot more chaos. everybody is doing what he want, then it's randomly
mixed together, added "easy to use interface" by default of course
and... redhat 7.x is ready.