Subject: AUUG to give away free NetBSD CD-ROMs in AUUGN
To: None <NetBSD-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Greg Lehey <Greg.Lehey@auug.org.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/04/2001 14:59:06
AUUG is the Australian UNIX User Group: see http://www.auug.org.au/
for more details.  In our quarterly journal, AUUGN, we give away
popular CD-ROMs.  In the coming (June 2001) issue of AUUGN we plan to
include NetBSD 1.5.

I'm sending this message for the following reasons:

1.  To ask which of the specific ISO images available on the net would
    be most appropriate.  I can see at least the following on the web
    site:

    1.5 - ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/iso/
    1.5/i386 pkgs - ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/iso/
    1.5 - ftp://ftp.iastate.edu/pub/NetBSD/iso/
    1.5 with KAME - http://openlab.plathome.co.jp/ipv6/index.html

2.  To ask if anybody else is interested in sharing in the costs of
    making the CDs.  We'll need about 700 CDs, which is a pretty small
    production run.  If other people are also interested in producing
    these CDs, we can cut our costs by joining together.

3.  To entice NetBSD people in Australia to join AUUG (see, we care
    about NetBSD :-)

Greg