Subject: Re: NetBSD is not Linux
To: Thomas Mueller <tmueller@bluegrass.net>
From: Jack Morgan <jack@tlug.gr.jp>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/02/2001 23:52:19
On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 05:59:04AM -0400, Thomas Mueller wrote:

> I am new to NetBSD ...

I'm new to NetBSD as well. I installed it on a SS20 a while back. I have
to say, I really like it. I like having to do configuration myself. To often
in Linux, the distro will configure things for you. I also found the ex-
perience level of people on the mailing list to be better. Sorry, but I
can't stand csh. The fist thing I did was install bash :-)

I feel Linux is being more actively developed then NetBSD in terms of people
or projects. This might cause some stability problems like what Mr. Mueller
mentioned, but we're the better for it.

Jack Morgan
--
Insert witty comment here