Subject: SDL and smpeg for NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/31/2001 16:40:38
I want to mention that SDL and smpeg developer Sam Lantinga from Loki
Games logged onto my NetBSD 1.5.1 (i386) workstation a few times. And now
SDL and smpeg work for me.

It is using SDL-1.2.tar.gz (or the SDL CVS code).

Then you copy the libtool and libmain.sh from the SDL over to the smpeg
0.4.3 source directory to build smpeg 0.4.3.

I could build and play some videos with plaympeg and glmovie. I couldn't
sucessfully listen to any videos though. (I guess I need to find some more
to try; I do have a "Wedding Singer" trailer that plays but the audio is
not understandable. Any good places to download mpg or mpeg video files
that also have audio?)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/