Subject: Re: virtual ftpd without separate addresses
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/22/2001 15:13:48
    Date:        Mon, 21 May 2001 12:19:13 -0700 (PDT)
    From:        "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>

  | Does ftp offer a "HOST" type command to tell the server what virtual host
  | to use? (I guess I should look at the RFCs.)

No, certainly nothing like that in any RFC.   The FTP extensions working
group did some work on adding a HOST command - for a while it was part
of the MLST draft (which should finally be almost done) - but it was
yanked, it wasn't clear that HOST was the appropriate method.

There are certainly one or two FTP servers that handle virtual hosts
via one method or another, but no common way of achieving it has emerged
yet I don't think.

kre