Subject: Re: SCSI disk and controllers
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.com>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/22/2001 00:40:55
[ On Sunday, May 20, 2001 at 11:33:19 (-0600), Rick Kelly wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: SCSI disk and controllers
>
> >I sure wouldn't do that -- I think drives are about due for another
> >price drop soon and I'll bet you'll find even more end-of-line units on
> >www.onsale.com in the future, not to mention many many more used units
> >as people upgrade to newer faster drives.
>
> You're right. It's just a matter of timing to get them when they are
> available.

I think I'm even more "right" now than I thought I was:  :-)

	http://news.excite.com/news/ap/010521/00/ibm-storage-breakthrough

all I can say about that is "Wow!".

.... and to think that they were worried about not being able to
continue to double disk capacity every year for another few years....

--
							Greg A. Woods