Subject: Re: virtual ftpd without separate addresses
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/22/2001 14:32:24
On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 12:19:13PM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> >From a quick look at the ftpd (lukemftpd) manual page, it appears that it
> supports virtual services by running different ftpd on different IPs.
>
> Does anyone have any patches for the NetBSD ftpd to support virtual hosts
> with only one IP?

How does the client tell the server which virtual service to use?

With HTTP/1.1, multiple virtual services on the one IP address are
supported by the client sending a `Host: ......' line after the GET
(etc) operation, and before the blank line.

To my knowledge, there's no standard in FTP for this.

--
Luke Mewburn  <lukem@wasabisystems.com>  http://www.wasabisystems.com
Luke Mewburn     <lukem@netbsd.org>      http://www.netbsd.org