Subject: Re: no applix after pkgsrc update
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/21/2001 14:06:37
On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 12:25:26PM +0300, Jukka Marin wrote:
> I updated some pkgsrc package, which removed an older SUSE linux emulation
> package and installed a new one (6.4).  Now I can no longer run Applix
> because it can't find the library versions it wants (ld-linux.so.1,
> libdl.so.1, etc.).

I copied the old libraries from another machine and got Applix running
again.

I don't know how this problem should be fixed - I guess one problem is
that Applix is not part of pkgsrc (it's a commercial package) and so,
pkgsrc doesn't know that the old SUSE libs are required by some software.
But, even if pkgsrc was Applix-aware, multiple versions of SUSE package
could not exist, so...

  -jm