Subject: no applix after pkgsrc update
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/21/2001 12:25:26
Hello,

I updated some pkgsrc package, which removed an older SUSE linux emulation
package and installed a new one (6.4).  Now I can no longer run Applix
because it can't find the library versions it wants (ld-linux.so.1,
libdl.so.1, etc.).

I tried making symlinks from the new versions to the old ones and got a
little bit further, but then I wan into

/usr/local/applix/opt/applix/applix: Symbol `_sys_errlist' has different
size in shared object, consider re-linking
Segmentation fault

which doesn't sound fixable with symlinks.

I can't get my work done now and I'm slightly upset. >;)

I also wanted to install avifile, but it depends on a new pth version -
and a thousand other packages depend on pth, so installing one new
package would mean rebuilding almost everything (and leaving the system
unusable, like several times before (because some of the packages fails
to build)).

The pkgsrc system is fine and great, but it always seems to screw me up.

Any ideas of how to get Applix going again?

  -jm