Subject: Re: SCSI disk and controllers
To: Jussi Hamalainen <count@theblah.org>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/20/2001 11:03:25
Jussi Hamalainen said:

>You can plug wide (68 pin) SCSI-drives to your Sun's SCSI bus if the
>drive supports sindle-ended operation. I've got 2 Seagate 18.2GB
>Barracudas hooked up to a SPARCstation5 and they work perfectly. All
>you need is an adapter. The only drawback is that the adapter won't
>fit inside the lunchbox chassis, so you need an external box for IPC,
>IPX, Classic and LX. :(

And memoryx.com does have 1, 2, and 4 gig SCA drives for sparc 4m systems.

But I have a bunch of Sun 3 boxes that could use some low tech SCSI drives.
I had one up for awhile with a 240 meg drive, but that wasn't enough space.
I had to mount /usr/src from my NFS server.

>I think IBM still manufactures 50pin UltraSCSI drives. You'll
>probably need to order straight from them, though.

They seem to be selling 9 gig 68 pin Ultra2 SCSI drives.
--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com