Subject: Re: compiling 'config' failed with current.
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Samuel.Hornus <Samuel.Hornus@crans.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/18/2001 13:31:26
On Thu, 17 May 2001, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 09:56:10PM +0200, Samuel.Hornus wrote:
> >
> > Hi, I just sup'd he whole sources
> > Currently 1.5.1 B2m I wqnt to upgrade to current in order to get
> > COMPAT_LINUX on macppc port.
> >
> > cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/config/
> > make;
> >
> > fails....
> > main.c:112: warning: implicit declaration of function `setprogname'
>
> hum, you need a new libc for this one, but before a new libc you need to
> install  a new kernel ...
>
> Isn't there a binary shapshot of -current available ? This would save
> some trouble ...
> Alternatively I think you can build a -current kernel with 1.5.1
> /usr/sbin/config. Or just comment out the call to setprogname() for now,
> it's not that usefull in config(8)

Compiling the new kernel went OK.
Now, 'make obj' fails because of some Makefiles (ex : /usr.bin/audio or
.../ssh containing a target .WAIT, and make can't cd into it, (because it
does not exist...) Is this a subtle message to me saying that I shall wait
a bit to compile the rest of the system ? ;-) or... ?

BTW : does 'cd /usr/src ; make build' actually replace the old system
binaries with the newly created ?

> It's because we have both xfree3 and xfree4 in tree for now ...

OK !

--
Samuel.