Subject: Process gets SIGHUP at end of boot
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rick Byers <Rickb@BigScaryChildren.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/16/2001 23:10:14
Hi,
I'm using the rp-pppoe package, and run adsl-start in an rc
script.  Everything works great, except that once the bootup sequence is
complete, the pppoe process gets a SIGHUP signal and is restarted:

May 16 23:02:39 Apenheul pppd[108]: Child process /usr/pkg/sbin/pppoe -p /var/run/adsl.pid.pppoe -I ne0 -T 80  -m 1412  (pid 112) terminated with signal 1
May 16 23:02:40 Apenheul adsl-connect: ADSL connection lost; attempting re-connection.

What would be causing this sighup signal?  Should the adsl scripts be
dissasociating themselves from the terminal so that they aren't part of
the terminal group?  I tried adding a 'trap "" 1' to set SIGHUP to be
ignored but the child pppoe process still got it.

I could easily just modify the pppoe program to ignore sighup, but I'd
like to know whats causing it.

Thanks,
	Rick