Subject: Re: update pkgsrc package
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Georges Heinesch <geohei-ml@geohei.lu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/14/2001 13:38:59
Quoting Jeremy C. Reed (03-May-01 00:12:06):

[...]

> Look at the pkg_delete manual page. You could delete the package
> without deleting the packages that depend on it; and then reinstall
> it. This is probably not a good idea.

> I may misunderstand your statement above. Can you show us some
> actual example(s)?

Let's say I have tcsh 6.9.0 installed and make 'sub -v'.
'lintpkgsrc -i' tells me that there is a version mismatch. The latest
version of tcsh retrieved by 'sub -v' is 6.10.0.

How do I install the new version? Is is sufficient to cd to that
directory (/usr/pkgsrc/shells/tcsh) and to say 'make install', or do I
have to delete the existing 6.9.0 somehow prior reinstalling the new
version?

TIA

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg