Subject: Re: FQDN
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Georges Heinesch <geohei-ml@geohei.lu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/14/2001 04:46:27
Quoting Manuel Bouyer (13-May-01 13:48:42):

> On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 08:52:02AM +0100, Georges Heinesch wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I use NetBSD on a local LAN (3 machines in total). Every night (by
>> a daemon), I get the message that my hostname is not entered as
>> FQDN, which is true.

> I suspect it's sendmail which is complaining.

Correct.

> If so, you may want to
> tweak /etc/mail/semdmail.cf and add something like:
> Djlocalhost.antioche.eu.org
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's the point. What shall I enter here. My domain changes all the
time when I log in to my primary ISP (provider) [the IP address
changes at every dialup], and also when I call my alternate ISP.

> (you don't need a real internet name, but this name needs to exists
> in
> /etc/hosts and point to your local machine).

If it's required in /etc/hosts, what should it be set to when I use a
dialup with changing domains?

TIA

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg
    geohei@geohei.lu

... all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal ...