Subject: Support for internal modem?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Mueller <tmueller@bluegrass.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/05/2001 04:50:50
Quote from off this list:

Please find attached the quote for your reference.  Let me know what
further changes you prefer.  I have included an external modem since you
want NetBSD installed.  For Linux only, we can put in a internal modem
without any problems.  Once you finalise it, I will confirm it with my
production dept. that all the components   would be compatible with the
operating system.  I will give you a call sometime tomorrow to discuss the
quote with you.
Thanks,

SP
ASA Computers Inc.
2354, Calle Del Mundo
Santa Clara CA 95054
Telephone: (800) REAL PCs/ 732-5727 or (877)538-1272 Ask for SP
                 (408) 654-2901 xtn 227
          Cel: (510) 435-6640
Fax:           (408) 654-2910
E-mail : sp@asacomputers.com
URL    : http://www.asacomputers.com
----(end of quote, and system quote was not there)

Does NetBSD not support internal modems?  I am interested mainly for i386, not
sure whether to post to netbsd-help, port-i386, or netbsd-users.  Would ISA
modems be supported, and what about PCI modems, assuming the modem has hardware
controller, i.e. not a Winmodem?.