Subject: Re: increasing COM_RING_SIZE?
To: Charles M. Hannum <abuse@spamalicious.com>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/02/2001 16:01:26
>Unless you got `silo overflow' or `ibuf flood' messages, that's not the
>problem, or the hardware isn't reporting overflows.  It also seems a
>little more suspicious since I *know* that we can keep up with a UART
>running at 115200 baud, and Ricochet maxes at not much more than that.

when my ricochet is plugged into my serial port (db9), yes, it maxes
at that.  well...i have pppd opening the port at 115200, so maybe
that's it.

then i plug my ricochet into my udb port, i get much more than that.
at least twice as much more (~25 kilobytes/sec reported from ftp,
whatever that works out to), although the modem always reports CONNECT
460800 when using usb.

steve's ricochet device is a pccard, so i'm not sure what that would
be affected by, although i sort of assumed it would have its own uart
on the card that would be capable of really high data rates.  steve?
what speed does ftp tell you you're getting when you use it?

i've also heard from several sources that ricochet will be upgrading
their network from 128k to 256k sometime in the next year or so.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|