Subject: Re: Suggestion
To: A.Z. <mertis@ameritech.net>
From: Jason R. Fink <jrf@diverge.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/28/2001 22:00:46
Oki this is in regards to this and the *freindler docs*,

you are missing my point here, if you want to make friendly
documentation then work with Federico and the rest of the team.

Much of my own documentation vastly differs from Federico's (I am
much more self depracating) - nevertheless it is still there,

Now if you wanted to create something like FreeBSD Diary or
FreeBSDzine - that would be totally different. Now you are
talking about focused journalism, there is a distinct
difference. As an example, take a look at hubert feyer's
or my site:

hubert: www.feyrer.de
mui: www.diverge.org

you will see a large difference between articles, papers and
formal documentation.

Now, you need to define what it is you wish to create?

Do you want to help the documentation? Make it easier to read,
perhaps even fun? Fine. Look at the man pages and talk to everyone
on the doc mailing list about changes and additions.

If you want to make a ezine then go for it, and enjoy :)

good luck,

		jrf

--
Jason R. Fink <jrf@diverge.org> http://www.diverge.org/
"So you have built your first NetBSD-current and diff patched the kernel?