Subject: Re: Suggestion
To: A.Z. <mertis@ameritech.net>
From: None <wojtek@3miasto.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/28/2001 15:42:36

> Yeah,
> My point is the documentation on http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/ is
> "cold" and general, I have nothing against it., but, there is always but...
> I would like to see it more user friendly. I would like to see more specific

could you define "userfriendlyness"?

> examples. Take a look for example at
> http://www.defcon1.org/html/freebsd_help.html , I learned FreeBSD much more
> faster from their articles. But if I would start from Handbook on
> www.freebsd.org , it would take me about 2 or 3 times longer.  I think It
> would be nice to see something like that for NetBSD. Look at the things from
> eyes of someone new to NetBSD...

netbsd docs are pointing you to general UNIX books. it's really worth of
reading some of them (i've got several years ago book about UNIX about 15
years old. i don't have it now and don't remember name, Bach was one of
the authors).

> It's just my oppinion, It would be much easier for me if I were new to
> NetBSD to see something more friendly.

i have to see this freebsd help - but comparing to linux it's much better
as it learns rules not "howto make X and Y".