Subject: Re: pkgsrc and /etc/mk.conf
To: netbsd.ndk <gibber_ndk@yahoo.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/27/2001 10:54:45
On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, netbsd.ndk wrote:

> I'm using /etc/mk.conf to set a location for the distfiles.  My
> question is when 'make clean' is done, does it remove the respective
> distfile from that location, or do I have to remove it manually?

"make clean" removes the work directory, which includes all generated
files. Are you sure you want to remove the distfiles? You need them if
you need to rebuild the package. You could use "pkglint" to detect the
ones that are out-of-date, or you could just clean out the whole
"distfiles" directory from time to time. If you really want to remove
the distfiles immediately, there's a "distclean" target for that.

> I thought that was the point of using /etc/mk.conf...  Please advise.

The "distclean"  target will respect your ${DISTFILES} setting.

Frederick