Subject: Re: pkgsrc question
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Georges Heinesch <geohei-ml@geohei.lu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/26/2001 13:23:00
Quoting Bernd Sieker (22-Apr-01 15:35:09):

>> [...]
>>
>>    Also, once or twice I've had trouble updating a package if there
>>    were old versions of the package lying around in the work/
>>    directory. pkgsrc thought that the work/ copy was the current
>>    version, and assumed that it didn't need to rebuild anything.

> Well, that's what "make clean" is for :) If you do it in the
> top-level pkgsrc directory, it will clean all the work directories.

What is then the best way to update a package using pkgsrc?

My initial installation goes:

    make
    make install
    make clean

Suppose the just build package is outdated (new version on the
server). How shall I proceed without killing all it depends on and/or
removing stuff so that I have to intervene manually after the update?

TIA

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg
    geohei@geohei.lu