Subject: Re: 3ware RAID controller.
To: Andrew Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
From: None <wojtek@3miasto.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/22/2001 11:30:39

> Only from the `BIOS'. There exists a FreeBSD configuration utility that
> should run under emulation (albeit only on i386), but I haven't been able to
> get it to work yet.

binary-only? :(

> > this hardware looks as an excellent thing for its price.
>
> And here was I thinking that you didn't like hardware RAID.

for that price i like :)

400$ is only 2-3 times more expensive than four 2-channel dump IDE
controller while occupying 1 PCI slot, accepting many command at once etc.
when i will need large system i would use it.

unfortunately i could not find anything about memory on this card.
if it have no memory (only on-chip buffers) how RAID-5 writes is done?