Subject: NetBSD-1.5/i386 on Compaq Hardware.
To: netbsd-users@NetBSD.org <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakhesh@cse.iitd.ernet.in>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/20/2001 00:45:39
Hi,

I don't know if this is a place to ask a question like this; but still ...

I have been thinking over the possibilities of buying a second-hand Compaq
computer.  But I'm not sure whether NetBSD/i386 would work smoothly on
such "propreitary" hardware ?  That machine belongs to a lab of ours, and
has only run Windoze NT and the like; now they are offering it for sale,
and I wasn't sure if it would be a wise deal.

Any experiences etc on running any BSD flavour on such machines would be
great.  If you feel this is an off-topic mail, please mail me off the
list.

Have a nice day!

Thanks,
__