Subject: Re: load: 0.57 cmd: ssh 629 [ttyin] 0.01u 0.01s 0% 1456k
To: NetBSD Users List <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Nate Johnston <nmj3e@alumni.virginia.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/19/2001 09:51:33
Simon Burge spake thus: (Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 04:21:01PM +1000)

> Nate Johnston wrote:
>
> > nate@johnston:~ stty
> > speed 38400 baud;
> > lflags: echoe echok echoke echoctl pendin
> > iflags: -ixany ignpar
> > oflags: -oxtabs
> > cflags: cs8 -parenb -hupcl
> > status
> > ^J
>
> There's your problem - carriage-return and line-feed are generally
> handled pretty much the same ("stty -all" should list "inlcr", which
> means map NL to CR), and you have ^J (newline) set as your status char.
> Traditionally, ^T is used for status - have you got something in a
> .cshrc, .login or .profile that sets this differently?

No, there is nothing in my shell initialization files (I'm a zsh fan, but
.zshrc just has aliases and .zlogin has `uptime`).  Upon further
investigation, however, I found that there was a difference between Eterm and
xterm.  An xterm has the $TERM of "xterm" and works fine, stty status == ^T.
Eterm starts with the $TERM of "xterm" and stty status == ^J.  I will follow
up to the Eterm mailing list, and tech-pkg.

--N.