Subject: Re: London pub and NetBSD 'region' lists
To: Justin Heath <justin@bbnow.net>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/17/2001 21:31:39
Justin Heath writes:
- The thing is (in my example anyway) there is a UUG in Dallas.
- However it is usually headed by a 'speaker' from some company
- pushing a product first. Then the meeting breaks into different
- groups (e.g Linux, FreeBSD etc) of which NetBSD is not a part.

	You've heard _any_ BSD discussed at the DFWUUG
Meetings?? Wow!! (all I ever seem to hear are the Linux
zealots.. :-)

- Personally I get tired of hearng about FreeBSd and Linux and there
- are time I would like to talk about NetBSD not OpenBSD or whatever.

	Sounds good to me..

- On top of that its also nice to meet casually, like at a pub, have
- a beer and just bullshit rather than something organized (and no
- beer). This bring up the point that if any of you guys are in Dallas
- give me a shout maybe we can work something out.

	Let me tell you about a little group in the DFW area
called the lunch-bunch..  We're a bunch of old time connectivity
freaks, and we get together for lunch once a month after the
sidewalk sale..  The various folks gathered work for ISP's,
VAR's, software developers, and a large number of us are running
FreeBSD or NetBSD.. (there are also Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, and
Tru64 users present..)  To join, ``echo subscribe | mail
lunch-bunch-request@lists.cirr.com''

	How old of ``old time''?? Remember the Steve Jackson
Games (GURPS Cyberpunks) raids??  Yeah, that old, and a bit
older.. The group formed when the primary UUCP hub in the region
got shutdown as part of those raids..

	Enjoy, and I look forward to seeing you at lunch..
		Eric

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
    At Group L, Stoffel oversees six first-rate programmers, a managerial