Subject: Re: more passwd stuff
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Bernstein <torxhead@ruptured-duck.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/14/2001 02:30:42
On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 08:35:03AM +0200, wojtek@3miasto.net wrote:

> how is netbsd passwords encoded. it does not like MD5 on my machine (1.5)
>
> it's 13 chars per password

That's standard (2 + 11) for DES isn't it? My question is how come I
don't have a password.conf file? This is 1.5U from CVS a couple of
days ago:

# locate passwd.conf
/usr/obj/share/man/man5.i386/passwd.conf.cat5
/usr/share/man/cat5/passwd.conf.0
/usr/share/man/man5/passwd.conf.5
/usr/src/share/man/man5/passwd.conf.5

The man page for password.conf is sort of interesting too:

HISTORY
     The passwd.conf configuration file first appeared in NetBSD 1.6.

NetBSD 1.5                       June 30, 2000                               1

Is that wrong, and if so does something like that merit a pr?

--
Bob Bernstein