Subject: Re: backups to CD?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Mueller <tmueller@bluegrass.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/11/2001 02:16:38
from Christoph Kaegi <kgc@zhwin.ch>:

I use a datafile, which contains names of directories/files, and
a script which creates an ISO image and burns it to CD-R[W].

As the capacity of CDs is limited to 700MB, I watch over the
size of the data the datafile points to myself, and create several
datafiles if needed.

I can send you the scripts, if you want

Chris
----(end of quote)

How do you determine the CD diskspace required for each directory?  How do you
know whether you're slightly over or slightly under total CD capacity?  Is
there any way to know how much space is still available, such as you get when
running DIR command in DOS?

I suppose you could backup data from several different file systems, from
different OSes?  Walnut Creek CDROM, now BSDI (or is it now Wind River?) has
done that.